Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Interesting Blog Ideas

When looking around www.supportblogging.com at the links to school bloggers I found a couple of interesting blogs relating to music education.  Both blogs are created by a woman named Brenda Muench, a rural school music teacher.

Tech Tempo seems to have a lot of neat ideas about how music teachers can incorporate technology into the music classroom.  At first glance I noticed a couple of entries about iPods in the classroom and composing online.  I also like that she has audio clips of herself discussing these ideas.  The first few are recaps from IMEC (Illinois Music Educator Conference) and were recaps of things she saw or presented there.  OMEA's conference is coming up soon and I'm hoping that I will be able to see someone with similar ideas.

Her second blog, Music with Mrs. Muench, is a blog that serves as a place for her students to share what they are learning.  She keeps their privacy by using only initials but posts audio clips of the students explaining new concepts as well as other examples of student work.

Lot's of good ideas here!  I've got a lot to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment